Favorite iphone apps

March 25, 2010

So the other day, a girlfriend grabbed my iphone to check out my apps and poked fun at  how few I had.  For the record, I thought I had a lot or at least as many as I actually needed. William Morris pretty much sums up my view with his famous statement, "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful. If you live in small quarters, you must a good editor of stuff.  In fact, ruthless purging is essential unless you want to become an episode on "Hoarders."  I guess this carries over into the tech world too.  There are so many things to load up on the iphone but do they make my life easier or more efficient or useful or more fulfilling? If not, then I don't want it.  So it got me thinking of the apps that I really use day in and day out.  Here are my top picks. While not all are free, they are all worth it.




iphone app must haves:


1password: Keeps up with my growing list of passwords. Pretty soon to use a public toilet you'll need one.  This is my absolute must have, can't live without, am not on their payroll but swear by app.
Twitbird: My preferred way to follow fabulous tweeters.
Flashlight: I can't say how many times this has actually been useful but it's more than I care to admit.
Facebook: Time Waster101. This replaces Bravo TV as "Best way to waste a few hours".
Things:  A steep price ($10), it's been a lifesaver in getting me off illegible yellow stickies onto something that actually works.
Worldmate:Manages all my travel plans and even sends me the weather report. Love.
Vogue Stylist: My latest free app. If it's good enough for Anna....
Sodasnap: Turns pictures into postcards.  I gotta do something with all these snaps.




Send me yours... what the ones you REALLY live by, not the ones cluttering up your screen.

Live Large,

Frances

1 comments:

Henley on the Horn said...

Sadly, the girl who loves Macs does not have an IPhone. I know, I know, I'm so 2006. I would absolutely LOVE to have one, but I feel like I can't justify the higher monthly fees for service. After all, I don't travel and I usually drive within a 5 mile radius of my home computer. One day! Watch out, because I will be all over it!

400 Square Feet All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger