Behind the scenes

March 9, 2010

About a month ago, I decided it was time to check out some new opportunities so I packed up my desk and left Country Living Magazine.  The very best part of the job for the last five years has been traveling the nooks and crannies of America aka Charles Kuralt style to places that I would otherwise never have seen.  I hit over 15 states and met the nicest folks who generously allowed me into their lives (and homes) to shoot.  My second to last shoot was for the April cover. It was in Bucks County, Pa. located in a tiny hamlet between Philly & NYC. The home was formerly owned by Julia Child's brother-in-law. She designed the kitchen so the counters were a bit higher than normal and was even married in the backyard!   Magazines work anywhere from four to a year in advance as we were shooting an Easter table the snow was fallen fast and the temperature never reached over 20.  Here are some pictures of the glamorous side of photoshoots.

BRRRRRR! Even the animals look cold. 


The talented and lovely Gridley & Graves photo team helping me sort through the 40 + boxes.  



We were shooting in a tiny cottage so we had to work around existing furniture.  It was madcap fun. 





Getting closer... the light is starting to hit just right....



The backyard where Julia & Paul were married.  




I then flew to LA to shoot the floral style story. We went there as in mid January even Florida is cold and wintery so we followed the warm weather. Of course, what we got were record rain storms.



Which usually led to moments like this:



Ready to head back to my 400 square feet....



Adios, CL! 






fb

4 comments:

Cathy said...

So interesting...thanks for sharing the behind the scenes look.

Jennifer said...

I miss you big time!!!!!!!!!! come visit....love, Jennifer

Henley on the Horn said...

Here's to new adventures !

Susan Dench said...

I love seeing what happens behind the scenes - thanks for sharing and good luck on your new adventures! Susan

400 Square Feet All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger